It's been a while since I've made an entry on my blog! I always promise myself to blog a little more often but due to exchange deadlines, housework and my job there is very little time to blog. Time is such a precious commodity and is in no way renewable, I have been trying to find ways of gaining time for my hobby. So, I have decided to dedicated a couple of weekends to stitching and finishings and this is what I have achieved so.
First is a flanged pillow. I stitched this freebie "Blessed Be" from Plumpudding Needleart . I stitched it with the recommended DMC threads. It was my first attempt at a flanged pillow. I hope it won't be my last.
I also managed to finish an altoid tin. There was some experimenting going on here with this one. This is also a freebie called "Jour de fete" from a French designer, Au fil de fee. I like French designs and have a few freebies I wish to stitch later. I found this to be a cute pattern with the pastel colours. I think I made an error with the petals because they should have been done in daisy stitches! Then again my French is not very good so you have to excuse me for that. That reminds me I have to buy me a french dictionary!
I made the cording (first time) and was pleased with my achievement. I have to make some more though, as it was fun to make and it does make you finished work look nice and complete.
Another "first" finish is a scissors pocket. I made this from a Prairie Schooler freebie "S is for Spring". I got the instructions from Beckysc. Thanks Becky. The instructions were well written. I love how this turned out! I thought the backing fabric was just perfect. I found it among some remnants I was about to throw out. Oh, this was stitched on aida fabric (28 count). This was before I ever heard of evenweave and linen! I used the recommended DMC thread for this as well.
I did this pinkeep a few weekends ago. This freebie is from Pelin Tezer which was done on ivory 28 count evenweave. She did not have a name for this particular freebie as a single pattern so we decided to call it "Ring of Roses". Very appropriate, I thought. I finished it was ruched ribbon which was very easy to make. I thought it came out well and the backing fabric really complemented it. I stitched it with DMC threads.
Well, that's it for now. I have some more to share but it is getting late here and I want to go visit some of your blogs. I think you ladies have some wonderful blogs and I do enjoy perusing them after a long hard day at the office or in the kitchen, lol.